Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Special Little Girl...

I'd like to take a minute to talk about Mother's Day. I know it's already passed and we've already talked about it here but I had something happen that I'd like to share with all of you.

Believe it or not, I wrote that opening on Mother's Day and the rest has been written so many different ways I started to get lost in what I wanted to say. I started to whine about how this isn't fair and I should get to be a Mom too! I whined about how my Mom spends so much time with her granddaughters she might as well move closer to them instead of visiting them a week at a time. I even whined about how I tried to make Mother's Day plans with my Mom and she sort of blew me off! All of that kept getting scratched out and I kept coming back to my opening sentences because this wasn't supposed to be all about my sadness or disappointment.  This is supposed to be about the wonderful thing that happened to me that day. I think I finally got what I wanted to say, here goes.

I was sitting home Mother's Day feeling sorry for myself and frustrated because I had just gotten off the phone with my mother who I had tried to make plans for the day with all during the previous week.  She couldn't decide what she wanted to do and I got sick of asking so Sunday came around and we still hadn't made any plans. Finally at 2:30 she calls me and says "I thought we were getting together today?" So, by the end of the conversation I felt guilty for ruining her day and depressed for myself. I raged a little and my poor husband took the brunt of it with amazing grace considering his personality type.

Within just a few minutes I got a text that turned my whole day around:

This little girl comes into my store every week with her sisters for their music lessons. She loves me and wants to come home with me she tells her mom,who thankfully is a wonderful woman and we can joke about it. She crawls up in my lap behind the counter at the store and insists on ringing up the customers herself (she's 8 by the way) and I help her with her math homework and her penmanship. For one to two hours a week I get to pretend!  She may not be my little girl but she helped me to remember that my happiness may not come from the same place as everyone else but I have touched a lot of lives in a positive way.  So "Happy Mother's Day" to me too! 

Written By Bonnie
Group member
Future Mom
Retail Business Owner


Join us at our next POST adoption adult meeting May 29, 2015
Join us at our next PRE/POST general meeting on June 5, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment