Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Mothering in Midlife? You’re Not Alone


As a 51-year-old mom of a six-year-old some days, especially when I’m looking around the playground, I feel as if I’m the only older mom out there. Well I’m happy to report that I’m in very good company, according to the book The Zen Of Midlife Mothering.
 
This book is a wonderful collection of diverse stories on the joys, fears, and triumphs of mothering (and fathering) in your forties and beyond. The contributing authors of varying ages offer up a vast array of parenting journeys and honest experiences that include adoption, infertility, and giving birth. This really is a must-read for any parent of any age. After all if we’re lucky we’ll all be mid-life moms and dads one day.
I am truly honored to be a part of this anthology. (Psst! You can find me on page 31.) You can order the book here: http://www.amazon.com/The-Zen-Midlife-Mothering-MotheringintheMiddle-com/dp/1494831465

Written By Barbara Herel
Freelance writer for Adoptive Families magazine,Adoptimist.com, and Long Island Adoption Support Group. She blogs about her open adoption at at Improv Mom.

Join us at our next meeting! Check out our website for details!!
         

No comments:

Post a Comment